13 July 2010

And Now for a Cheese Face Original: Behind the Questions

Well, I don't mind the Impaler ripping off some of my bits, she's a buddy! But I think it's time that I took you on that MAGICAL journey of what goes into making a fine Random Questions.

There are 6 parts: Processing, the greeting, the questions, the answers, running gags, references

The Process:

The first thing that goes into making an RQ is deciding it's time for another installment. Usually a week to a month is the interval. Then I will stare at the monitor like this: :-0. That's my "What should I do NOW?" look. So I stare until I come up with something. Once I come up with an idea, the rest of the questions just come.

The Greeting:

The most recent post of RQ had the greeting, "Hello, hello, fellow readers..." Most greetings I type try to have some comedy in it to alert the reader to call their doctor and ask if this much hilari-osity is OK for them. If not, then I suggest finding something else to do.

The Questions:

The questions themselves are actually straight ramblings from my head. But, some of them are inspired from Blogger's own.

The Answers:

The answers are typed with a calm state of mind in mind. So if an interviewer actually asked these questions to me, I'd answer it calmly while also inserting logic and comedy.

Running Gags:

There are some running gags in the ongoing series. Like enchiladortitos, for example. I obviously have no clue what they are. Really, no clue. Another running gag is the "If a tree falls in the middle of a forest" type of questions. Some answers are logical, others have no relation to the question. Some RQs also have questions relating to the Cheeseys or other special events.

References:

There are usually references in RQ. Like right now there are some. Behind the Questions is a reference to the episode of Good Eats titled "Behind the Eats". Also, the capital magical is a reference to Charlie the Unicorn. In RQ: Post 9, RQ 3 asked, "Why did the chicken cross the road". The answer, "To escape the farmer who wanted to make coq au vin out of it." Yet another reference to a Good Eats episode entitled "Coockoo for Coq Au Vin". In RQ: Post 6 I made a Monty Python reference: "Random Question 4 (part 1): What is your name?
Answer: Cheese Face of Cheesecakia.
RQ4(Pt 2): What is your quest?
Answer: To have a wicked awesome N.Y.E. Festival.
RQ4 (Pt 3): What is your favorite color?
Answer: Red."

So now you know the secrets of Random Questions.

Cheese Face out.

No comments:

Post a Comment