26 December 2010

The Cheesey Awards Special: Behind the Scenes

After going on for over a year, I think it's time I tell how the Cheesey Awards happen. The five parts to the Cheeseys are 1). nomination, 2). polling, 3). results,  4). commercials, and 5). Mr. Cheese's Fantastical Stunt. So, let the explanation BEGIN.

So, after I've decided the date of the awards, usually 3-4 weeks after posting polls, I have to decide what the categories and the nominees are gonna be. I already know that one of the categories is going to be Best Blog, because the Internet is full of blogs, but to be Best Blog, now that's something said author should be proud about. Other categories include Best Band, Most Random thing to Say when Talking With Your Grandmother, Best Movie, that kind of stuff.

Then after staring at the design main page for 30 minutes while figuring out the nominees/categories, I can make the polls. Sometimes I allow multiple answers, sometimes not. Few days later, if no one has voted, I'll vote ONCE just to jump start the voting.

Then the day of the awards arrive, and that leaves me with figuring out clever ways to introduce the categories and nominees. And not to mention finding a funny intro, such as my infamous 'cheddar than ever' gag.

Ah, the Rip-off Commercials. Making fun of everything from Snuggies to UGGs, Fushigis to phones, computers to every popular thing you can think of. Of course, we didn't always make fun of things (drink coca-cola; live life).Yes, endorsing Coke is what we began with. Did you know Coke started out as a medicine with cocaine in it? My, how times have changed... But the commercials are one of my favorite things about the Cheesey Awards. How do I come up with a spoof of a popular object? It's quite easy actually. 1). Think of thing to spoof. 2). Think of all of the good things. 3) Use those things against it. Like the ABC Robot is s'possed to be the HTC Droid. Droid has many cool apps. The Robot has cool apps that malfunction every time you try to launch it. The Droid doesn't do that.  In a world that doesn't, Droid does.

And finally Mr. Cheese's Fantastical Stunt, which didn't suck on the most recent Cheeseys. This area is completely out of my expertise so to explain the stunts is the Mighte* himself Mr. Cheese.
Mr. Cheese speaking: The stunts are what give the awards its pizazz. Most awards show don't have stunts, the Oscars for example. I don't know why people watch go insane to see them. There's no excitement for the people playing at home. But the stunts, get everybody excited to see or rather read what stupid thing we'll do.

Well, there you have it. A complete explanation of one of the greatest things about The Cheese Face Page.

Cheese Face out.

*As most readers don't know, Mr. Cheese is not human, but a Mighte about 3/4 of in inch tall. I won him at a local college's open house. He's the guy behind the suck of the stunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment