03 November 2010

Chatting With the TSA: Installment 1

I have emailed the TSA because there are so many questions in my head. Here's what I wrote: Hi! I was wondering why we can bring 4 3-ounce containers, but not 1 12-ounce containers onto an airplane. One of my friends says that it is stupid math. Also, are you allowed to bring an *empty* 12-ounce container onto a plane. Say, like, an environmental-activist is boarding the plane and he/she has a plastic bottle that they keep for good luck because it's one less plastic bottle in a landfill. Suspicious story, yes, but just thought I'd ask because it could happen.

Sincerely,
The Outside-the-box thinker

And here's what they said: "Thank you for your email message. Liquids and gels may be brought through the checkpoint in any container, providing that the container is 3.4 ounces or smaller in volume. This container should be placed in a one quart, transparent, plastic bag along with any other liquids, gels or aerosols the passenger wishes to bring through the checkpoint. The passenger should note, however, that Transportation Security Officers have discretion to not permit any items through the checkpoint which they judge to be a possible threat to aviation safety. -TSA Contact Center." Well that sort of answered my question. I'll write them again and post the response here.

Cheese Face out.

No comments:

Post a Comment